Knowledge bank for healthcare professionals and aspiring medical students covering medical schools, nursing schools, technical-medical programs, medical billing and coding, medical education scholarships and grants in the United States.
- AAMC Medical School ApplicationMedical schools prepare aspiring doctors, surgeons, and nurses for the healthcare and medicine industry. Traditionally, medical schools have a 4-year curriculum, which includes a pre-clinical phase with two years of science training.
- AAMC Medical School ApplicationIf you have been searching for a guide to AAMC medical school application process, then you’ve come to the right place. This article outlines the different aspects and stages of applying to a medical school in the United States
- AAPCAAPC stands for American Academy of Professional Coders. The school offers online training and classic in 110 qualifications. The school is known for its exceptional coaching in Medical Coding Certification.
- Aspirin Patient EducationAspirin also called the “wonder drug”, is an extremely popular and widely used medication around the world.
- ACCMEThe Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) is an association formed to set and enforce standards in physician continuing education, or lifelong learning, in the United States.
- High Blood Pressure Patient EducationHigh blood pressure, often known as hypertension, is a serious health condition that can lead to a variety of other health concerns if left untreated or uncontrolled.
- 97153 CPT CodeIn this article, you will learn about CPT code 97153, how it is documented and administered, the pre-authorization of 97153, applicable modifiers with 97153, and the frequently asked questions about 97153.
- California Medical SchoolsThousands of aspiring doctors seek to get admission into a medical school in California. This is not surprising as the state offers some of the most highly-ranked medical programs.
- Cardiac NurseCardiac nurses, known as cardiac specialists or cardiac technicians, provide cardiac care to people using cardiopulmonary monitors, devices, and advanced skills to ensure the best possible care for their patients.
- Cardiothoracic SurgeonCardiothoracic surgeons are doctors who provide surgical treatment for chest problems.
- Best Dental Schools in CaliforniaDeciding to become a dentist is the first step towards achieving your career goals while deciding which dental school is the best is the second step. It takes around eight years of education. You will need to acquire a bachelor’s degree in any field, to begin with.
- COPD Patient EducationChronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a condition that inflames and narrows (chronic bronchitis) the airways to the lungs which cause damage to the air sacs (emphysema).
- CPT Code 96372CPT code 96372 covers intramuscular and subcutaneous injections. In this article, you will learn about the introduction of 96372, description of 96372, procedure for the administration of the infusion, administration criteria for 96372, common uses of 96372, documentation requirements,(...)
- CPT Code 99203In this article, you will learn about CPT code 99203, its key components, documentation requirements for this code, where to use it appropriately, how to bill 99203 correctly, examples of 99203, and frequently asked questions about 99203.
- CPT Code 99204In this article, you will learn about CPT code 99204, its components, its importance in the coding system and healthcare services, documentation requirements for this code, billing guidelines for 99204, modifiers with 99204, its examples, and frequently asked questions about 99204.
- CPT Code 99222This code reports the comprehensive initial hospital care provided by healthcare professionals, and healthcare providers use this code to bill for the evaluation and management services performed during the first encounter with a patient admitted to the hospital.
- CDL Medical ExamSchool bus drivers, truck drivers, and transport companies who use a commercial driver’s license (CDL) to transport passengers or cargo must pass the Department of Transport (DOT) physically before employment and every two years.
- Chiropractor Certification and TrainingA chiropractic adjustment is meant to treat your aching back or a stiff neck. The chiropractor is a trained medical professional, though. They use their hands to relieve spinal and other body pain.
- Clinical Experience for Medical SchoolMedical students often struggle to understand the clinical experience. When you are wondering how to prioritize your medical school’s extracurricular requirement, it is crucial to understand the clinical experience.
- Clinical Nurse SpecialistClinical nurse specialists or CNS is the most skilled healthcare specialists in diagnosing and treating various health conditions. Clinical nurses specialize in a specific illness or health condition to achieve expertise for that ailment.
- Columbia Medical PracticeColumbia Medical Practice (CMP) is a full-service practice. It includes dedicated and experienced primary care physicians.
- COPD Patient EducationChronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a condition that inflames and narrows (chronic bronchitis) the airways to the lungs, which causes damage to the air sacs (emphysema).
- Cosmetology School GrantsGrants for cosmetology school help students pay for education, training, and career interests where it isn't easy to get merits and scholarships.
- Dementia Patient EducationAZ (Alzheimer's) and dementia are connected because the former is a type of the latter.
- Diverticular Disease Symptoms and ComplicationsLearn the symptoms of diverticulitis, when to seek medical attention, and the associated potential complications. Explore the differences between diverticulosis and diverticulitis, risks, diagnostic procedures, and treatment options.
- Dell Medical SchoolDell Medical School is a top-tier research university that aims to improve health. They don’t go for the traditional teaching method.
- Dental Admission Test (DAT)The Dental Admission Test (DAT) is a multi-choice standardized examination organized by dental schools in the United States. DAT is a computer-based test that can be taken anytime throughout the year.
- Dental AssistantAs a certified dental assistant, you will be responsible for working under the supervision of a professional dentist.
- Dental Assistant School GrantsGrants for dental assistant schools are available to obtain an education at reasonable prices. The cost of tuition and training is skyrocketing exponentially every year. It makes students look for dental assisting programs.
- Dental HygienistDental hygienists provide optimal care of patients' oral health by carrying out different inspections and cleaning procedures.
- Dental School GrantsGrants for dental school are required by aspiring dentists to pay for the cost of dental studies. Dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants are always in demand.
- Dental Schools in the USThe path to becoming a full-fledged dentist required around 8 years of education. This includes acquiring a degree in a field of choice before obtaining a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) or a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree. Next up are the national and state certification exams.
- DentistA dentist, in the broadest definition, is a healthcare professional specializing in dentistry.
- Dentist Education and TrainingSomeone doesn't need to go to medical school to become a dentist. A dentist needs to complete their training and certification from a dental school
- DermatologistA dermatologist is a skin expert to diagnoses and treats different types of skin-related problems in humans. It is one of the highly recommended career choices for those who want to become a part of the medical industry.
- Dermatologist AssistantA dermatologist assistant is tasked with diagnosing and treating the skin conditions of patients under the supervision of an experienced and certified dermatologist.
- Dermatology NurseA dermatology nurse specializes in treating and caring for various skin diseases and disorders. They work in a wide variety of settings, such as dermatology clinics, multispecialty hospitals and with plastic surgeons too.
- How to Educate Diabetic Patients?There is no one-size-fits-all treatment for diabetes, and the intensity and number of symptoms vary considerably between people.
- Duke Medical SchoolDo you want to get into one of the top medical schools in the United States? If so, then Duke Medical School is your ideal choice.
- Easiest Medical Schools to Get IntoIn medical school, aspiring doctors get taught and trained in medical and health sciences. A profession as a healthcare provider in the medicinal field is one of the most satisfying and lucrative choices today.
- Eastern Virginia Medical SchoolEastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) is dedicated to serving the community it is located in. It is focused on educating the next generation of talented medical and healthcare professionals and providing outstanding patient care to everyone.
- Electrocardiogram Patient EducationElectrocardiogram (ECG) is one of the fastest and simplest tests used to check the electrical activity of the heart. Small plastic electrodes in patches are stuck to the skin at certain spots on the chest, legs and arms. These electrodes connect to an ECG machine by lead wires.
- Esophageal CancerEsophageal cancer refers to an abnormal growth of malignant cells in the esophagus. The esophagus is a tube-like structure located in your chest. It communicates your pharynx (throat) with your stomach.
- Emergency PhysicianEmergency physicians mainly work in emergency departments or the “emergency room” (ER) of a healthcare facility.
- Emory Medical School ProgramsThe Emory University School of Medicine is a leading institute with the highest standards in education, biomedical research, medical education, and patient care.
- EMT (Emergency Medical Technician)An EMT works in a variety of situations, including providing urgent medical treatment for the sick and injured in medical emergencies. They are also responsible for transporting patients to medical facilities.
- Epileptic Patients EducationBeing diagnosed with epilepsy can be scary, but it is important for patients to know that they don’t have to go through it alone.
- FAA Medical ExamIf you want to become an aviation pilot, then you will need to pass the FAA medical exam. The Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) requires pilots to pass this exam if they want to legally utilize their pilot certificates' privileges.
- Foreign Medical School LoansMany people opt for federal loans as a starting point before private loans because federal loans offer additional perks like Public Servant Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) and repayment plans.
- Forensic Medical ExaminerForensic Medical Examiners, or FMEs, are senior and independent doctors who are experts in investigating any suspicious or unusual death and injuries. They can help to assist in different cases that involve violent crimes. A forensic Medical examiner can offer a comprehensive analysis of any(...)
- General SurgeonGeneral surgeons can perform numerous essential surgical treatments to combat several debilitating and degenerative diseases and disorders.
- Geriatric NurseThe geriatric nursing specialties help provide bedside care, assist and guide daily activities, provide medications, and educate patients and their colleagues both long term and short term.
- Grants for Medical Students in UKFinancing your medical school studies can stump you with its complicated nature. To help you find the best source for financing your medical education, we have enlisted the top sources below.
- GynecologistA gynecologist’s focus is evaluating, diagnosing and treating reproductive and sexual health issues for female patients.
- Harvard Medical School RequirementsHarvard Medical School (HMS) ranks number one in the United States. HMS is therefore a dream for thousands of aspiring doctors. As the acceptance rate is only around 3.3%, it is difficult for candidates to get admission into medical school.
- Heart Failure Patient EducationHeart failure is a health condition in which the heart becomes incapable of pumping blood as it normally does.
- Heart Failure Patient EducationHeart failure is a health condition in which the heart becomes incapable of pumping blood as it normally does.
- How Hard is Medical School?Most medical students would say that medical school can be tough. It requires two more years of studies than an undergraduate degree. The MCAT, or Medical College Admission Test, is generally designed to ensure that the students applying for medical school are well prepared to accept the(...)
- How Long is Medical SchoolIn general, it takes four years to complete medical school. However, you will need to spend an additional 3 to 7 years in residency to become a fully-certified and competent physician.
- Internal Medicine BooksIf you are an aspiring internist or a professional internal medicine specialist, then you must check out the list of the best internal medicine books.
- IVF NurseIVF nurses are trained to treat and consult patients who suffer from infertility, inability to conceive, etc.
- Letter of Intent for Medical SchoolA letter of intent for medical school is a document that details your commitment to accept the offer of admission to a specific school despite offers of admission from other schools too.
- Best Medical Schools in CaliforniaThousands of aspiring doctors seek to get admission into a medical school in California. This is not surprising as the state offers some of the most highly-ranked medical programs
- Medical Assistant and Physician AssistantMedical assistants and physician assistants deliver direct patient care. However, they do so in different forms.
- Medical Assistant CertificationMany independent universities across the US are providing education to become medical assistants. The universities are providing multiple Medical Assistant programs for different types of students as per their criteria.
- Medical BillingMedical billing is the process that includes submitting and tracking claims with health insurance providers to receive payment for healthcare services provided to patients. It is a crucial process for healthcare providers, enabling them to obtain service reimbursement.
- Medical Billing and Coding CertificationEmployers in the healthcare industry seek highly certified professionals. Those with a solid education and relevant experience are most sought-after by employers.
- Medical Billing and Coding SchoolsThis field is expected to grow by 15% by 2024. On average, certified medical billing and medical coding professionals can earn around US$ 50,300 per year.
- Medical Billing and Coding Schools ApplicationIt takes a lot of effort and hard work to become a certified coder. If you are considering a medical billing and coding career, then you are at the right place.
- Medical Coding and Billing Online CoursesUsually, medical coding and billing are taught in traditional classrooms. Still, thanks to technology, it is possible to become a certified medical billing and coding professional through several top-quality online courses.
- Medical CourierA medical courier is a medical item delivery system. It can supply urgent healthcare equipment, specimens, and samples, including blood, organ transplant, tissue transplant, urine, and more. All these samples required special care throughout the whole process. It is the responsibility of a(...)
- Medical ExemptionA medical exemption is also known as a medical release or medical waiver. It is used to avoid imposing any health-related regulations that a person could otherwise follow.
- Medical Internships (High School Students)A medical internship is the first year of training after you graduate from medical school. It is also called the first year of residency, or PGY-1 (post-graduate year-1), with the following years called PGY-2, PGY-3, etc.
- Medical Malpractice Law FirmsWith increasing numbers of patients visiting doctors yearly, the medical healthcare industry's risk of facing a malpractice complaint rises significantly.
- Medical Sales RepA Medical Sales Rep is a Medical representative who looks after the marketing side of pharmaceutical products. It is also referred to as MR in general terms by pharmacists and medical practitioners.