CBT Training for Family Physicians
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a collection of result-oriented psychotherapies that have been found effective in treating several psychiatric disorders.
This therapy works by targeting changes in symptoms of psychiatric problems. It helps to reduce functional impairments and effectively improves the patient’s quality of life.
In this article, we have listed the importance of CBT training for family physicians, the benefits of CBT treatment and ranked the top CBT training programs.
Why Choose CBT Training for Family Physicians?
According to the NACBT (National Association of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapists), the treatment method is founded on the cognitive model of emotional response.
This treatment method shows how emotions and behavior grow from our thoughts, and not external stimuli.
This is a result-focused and problem-centric treatment method, vastly different from other psychoanalytical processes.
This means that CBT is focused on the present, and not on a prolonged analysis of the patient’s cognitive developmental history.
CBT is renowned for its effectiveness and quick results. Therapists and psychologists integrate CBT for treating numerous mental problems.
Some of the major advantages of undergoing CBT training for family physicians include:
- Highly engaging
- Focuses on emotions and thoughts which are responsible for the behavior and perceptions
- Holds patients accountable for the treatment results.
Thus, CBT training for family physicians is incredibly useful. It is an effective way to not just upgrade your medical skills, but also to diversify your career options.
When you undergo CBT training for family physicians, you will learn to do the following for your patients:
- To set realistic and result-oriented goals
- To manage issues like anxiety and stress in a better way
- To determine situations that can be avoided
- To enjoy activities like social interactions, hobbies and exercise
- Define and challenge ANTS (automatic negative thoughts)
- Recording thoughts, feelings and behavior in a journal for better introspection
Top 5 Courses for CBT Training for Family Physicians in 2022
Now that you know the importance of CBT treatment, let’s take a quick look at the top courses that offer CBT training for family physicians in 2022:
1 – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Practitioner Certificate
The CBT Practitioner Certificate course is designed by Kain Ramsay and Archeology, Ltd. This course offers an in-depth understanding of CBT.
This deeper knowledge regarding the best theoretical treatment principles and techniques is incredibly crucial for the best results.
This course is designed in such a way that even if you do not have previous knowledge or experience of CBT, you can still attend this course.
Highlighting features of this course include:
- Ideal curriculum for aspiring Archeologists
- Over 190 downloadable resources, including 25+ articles, and over 20 hours of video lectures
- Ease to access your lessons from any internet-enabled device
- Comprehensive, useful, and affordable CBT training for family physicians
- Learning about ethics, psychological theory, and self-awareness
2 – CBT Online Training
The CBT online training course is designed by the Beck Institute. This is a certification program that provides family physicians with an immersive and supportive learning experience.
You will learn evidence-based interventions in this course. This program will also help to enhance your CBT treatment skills with intense training sessions.
This certification course is conducted by the Beck Institute several times a year. Through this CBT training for family physicians, you will develop the skills and knowledge base necessary to provide the most effective psychotherapy treatment.
Some of the highlighting features of this course in CBT training for family physicians include:
- A better understanding of depression and learning depression treatment methods
- Enhancing numerous skills to treat common anxiety-related disorders, such as panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, etc.
- Excellent video examples on how to change the patient’s thinking power
- Knowledge of how to adapt and integrate CBT strategies more efficiently
- Specially designed course to enhance clinical competency of family physicians
3 – CBT Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Life Coach Practitioner
This is a comprehensive course for CBT training for family physicians and aspiring life coaches. This course is mainly designed for those who wish to become professional International Life Coaches.
This course gives details on helping clients to overcome mild anxiety, stress, and other similar issues related to daily life.
This online CBT training for physicians is taught using more than 30 CBT workbooks, guides, and handouts.
This course will help you to build the necessary skills which are required to become a successful life coach.
The course mainly focuses on teaching effective CBT goal-setting techniques for the overall mental well-being of your clients.
The key highlighting features of this CBT training for life coaches include:
- Easy curriculum which can be learned by amateurs to CBT techniques
- Teaches excellent CBT coaching tactics to manage stress, set goals, and silence the inner critic
- Provides official Life Coach certification at the completion of the course
- Offers complimentary round-the-clock tutor support
- Includes more than 30 supplementary resources and high-definition video tutorials
4 – Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Program
This program in CBT training for family physicians is offered by the Massachusetts General Hospital. The hospital is renowned for its vast legacy in improving the mental health of patients.
This course will teach you to help patients suffering from complicated mental health problems.
This course will help you learn about numerous psychiatric disorders and medical problems, such as OCD, ADHD and anxiety disorders.
Let’s take a quick look at the highlighting features of this CBT training for family physicians:
- Join live weekly discussions on interactive online forums
- Get a completely on-demand course schedule for added convenience
- Get all your queries answered by the course faculty directly
- Improve your clinical skills through in-depth tutorials
- Learn basic methods of CBT treatment
5 – Fundamentals of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
The Fundamental of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) program is offered by Udemy and is developed by Kain Ramsay and Achology Ltd.
This training course will teach you the inherent connection between human emotions, thoughts, beliefs and behavior.
This course will also provide online access to a peer support community which improves your fundamental CBT knowledge and skills.
This program offers an incredible array of educational resources to ensure optimal training in CBT treatment.
These are some of the highlighting features of this CBT training for family physicians:
- Excellent program to learn the origins and fundamental concepts of CBT
- Best suited for newly-certified family physicians
- Includes around 48 downloadable resources, 6 hours of on-demand video tutorials and 8 advanced articles on CBT techniques
- Teaches to change emotions or behavior using CBT ABC Language methods
- Learn in-depth about how CBT works
Mental stress disorders are increasing due to the growing fast-paced lifestyle we lead. There is a huge demand for certified family physicians that are trained in CBT treatment.
If you wish to diversify your portfolio and enhance your treatment skills, then you can choose any of the above courses to get CBT training for family physicians.