Best Nursing Schools in NJ – Overview
Your school can play an important role at different stages of your nursing career. Are you the one seeking the best nursing schools in NJ for your nursing career? In New Jersey, you can find some of the best private and public nursing schools with different scholarship programs in the entire country.
In New Jersey, the NCLEX passing rate range for ADN students is 34.05% to 98.37%, and for BSN students is from 73.96% to 93.70%. Currently, 78,590 nurses work in New Jersey hospitals, acute care facilities, long-term care institutions, community healthcare centers, home care facilities, and multiple other sectors.
Let’s find out the best nursing schools in NJ.
12 Best Nursing Schools in NJ
In this article, we will talk about the 12 best nursing schools in NJ.
In recent years, Seton Hall University has been one of the best colleges in New Jersey that offers nursing education to its students.
- Eligible students can apply for five different institutional scholarships to attend the school.
- Seton Hall accepts specific outside scholarship programs as well.
- They use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine the eligibility of a student for federal financial aid or financial aid.
The College of New Jersey is situated between New York City and Philadelphia.
- Among all other public colleges, The College of New Jersey has one of the highest four-year graduation rates.
- They enroll their nursing students in the conventional BSN program, which guarantees 100% employment six months after graduation.
Rutgers University, also known as The State University of New Jersey, is one of the best nursing schools in the country.
- Rutgers University has an annual tuition charge of about $12,900 with a 93.33% NCLEX passing rate.
- Both offline and online courses are available for their students, who come from all over the country.
- Finding a job in the healthcare department can become easier with a nursing degree from this college.
- Ramapo College has a 36,000-square-foot Adler center that offers both undergraduate and graduate nursing programs for its students.
- The Adler Center offers computer, physiology, and anatomy laboratories in addition to nursing classrooms to help students learn the fundamentals of clinical practice and medical emergencies.
- Ramapo College offers placements for nursing students after they are confident about their skills and ready to enter the professional world.
- Ramapo’s Nursing Student Affairs Committee offers the Russell Berrie Nursing Scholarship for eligible students.
- Here, you can receive multiple other institutional scholarships as well.
Here is a list of the areas where you may receive a placement after completing your degree –
- Valley Hospital in Ridgewood
- Other acute care institutions
- Community health agencies
- Long term care facilities
- Professional organizations
- Outpatient care settings
- Industrial sites in New Jersey
- Occupational health sites
- The university is located in the city of Caldwell, just 20 minutes from New York.
- It is a liberal arts school where the students must complete their liberal arts core classes to enroll in the BSN program.
- The annual tuition fee for Caldwell University is around $38,050, and their NCLEX passing rate is around 83.33%.
Caldwell University is the best choice for students looking for a private university close to a major city.
- At Montclair State University, students with non-nursing bachelor’s degrees can enroll in an 18-month Master’s Direct Entry to Nursing (MDE) program.
- Students here can learn transition management and care coordination via both online and offline teaching.
- The annual tuition fee at Montclair State University is around $6880.80 for their students.
However, the MDE program offers some additional programs, including –
- RN to BSN
- Online MSN
- RN to MSN Bridge
- Monmouth University offers nearly all the programs a nursing student needs, from a BSN program to a DNP (Doctorate of Nurse Practitioner).
- They provide both online and offline coursework, allowing students to earn their RN or BSN degree entirely online.
- The annual tuition fees at Monmouth University are around $39,592, and they have a 100% NCLEX pass rate as well.
- The New Jersey campus of William Paterson University is close to wetlands and wooded areas.
- The annual in-state tuition fee is around $14,624, which is quite affordable for being a public school.
The students here can receive multiple undergraduate and graduate programs, including –
New Jersey City University offers affordable and flexible education programs for its students.
- Their accelerated program can give you a chance to receive a certified BSN degree even if you are from a non-BSN background.
- The annual tuition fees at New Jersey City University are around $14,358 and they have an 89.29% NCLEX passing rate.
Saint Peter’s University is situated a few minutes away from New York City. It is a small Jesuit school that offers placement opportunities at the best hospitals in the country.
Here you can receive three undergraduate nursing programs, including –
- A traditional BSN program
- An RN to BSN program
- An online RN to BSN program
Here, you may have to pay an annual in-state tuition fee of $37,660.
Stockton University is situated right in the middle of Pinelands National Reserve. Students can receive their educational programs while enjoying the beauty of nature.
- Stockton University also accepts applicants for their accelerated BSN program who already hold a bachelor’s degree.
- The annual tuition fees at Stockton University are around $11,461, which is very affordable for most people.
- They offer both online and offline education for students all around the country.
Thomas Edison State University offers different educational programs at a very affordable price.
The annual tuition fees at Thomas Edison State University are around $7,182, with an NCLEX passing rate of 87.50%.
Many top-notch or Best nursing schools in NJ educate students from various backgrounds. You can always choose your institute depending on your budget and other requirements. I hope this article will help you to make the right decision. You can also share your suggestion in the comment box.