Glossary for state and federal health insurance plan coverages for low income citizens such as Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, SCHIP and VHA.
- Alternatives to MedicareIf you are eligible for Medicare it does not mean that you should rush to enroll in it. There are plenty of Medicare alternatives.
- Medicaid Abortions CoverageThis mainly depends on the US State you currently reside in. Today Medicaid's coverage for abortion procedures is more and more limited by federal and state regulations as well as other insurance coverage regulations.
- Medicaid Assisted Living CoverageThe brief answer is yes; Medicaid will cover the cost of assisted living, including Alzheimer's (memory care).
- Medicare Acupuncture CoveragePeople, who are battling certain health issues may find pain relief through medication. Several medications or therapies are present for such purposes.
- Medicare Cover Ambulance Cost CoverageOriginal Medicare usually covers the cost of hiring an ambulance. Still, there are some restrictions on medical transport under Medicare.
- Botox for Migraines Medicare CoverageTheir cost is also significant. Hence, it is highly advisable to do your research and consult with your doctor to ensure your Medicare plan covers Botox for migraines.
- Does Medicare Cover Braces?Your general dentist may refer you to an orthodontist if an abnormality is identified in your dental structure.
- Does Medicare Cover Breast Reduction?Since Breast Reduction is a cosmetic surgery that is not necessary, Medicare doesn’t provide any type of coverage for any cosmetic surgeries.
- Medicaid Blood Pressure Monitors CoverageHypertension, or high blood pressure, affects around 48.1% of adults in the United States, according to the CDC (Center for Disease Control).
- Medicaid Breast Pumps CoverageIf you're pregnant and you have Medicaid insurance, you might be wondering if your plan covers breast pumps.
- Medicaid Breast Reduction CoverageHowever, for your procedure to be approved by Medicaid, it must be deemed medically necessary by an authorized health practitioner.
- Medicaid Bunion Surgery CoverageIf you are looking for an answer to this question, you should not miss out on reading this post, as it contains the answer.
- Medicaid Dental Braces CoverageThe answer is yes, well, sort of. Medicaid will pay for your braces but only if these devices are deemed a medical necessity by an approved physician.
- Medicare Birth Control CoverageBirth control is among the essential items for women who are married or in a relationship. Family planning is extremely important today and birth control plays a crucial role in maintaining the population.
- Medicare Bone Density Tests CoverageDoctors usually advise undergoing bone density tests when a person suffers from broken bones, fractures, and conditions like osteoporosis. Medicare acknowledges this risk and provides insurance coverage for bone scans every alternate year.
- Medicare Cover Bunion Surgery CoverageIn this article, we have detailed the Medicare coverage for bunion surgery and other important relevant information.
- Can My Child Get Medicaid if I Have Insurance?Your child is entitled to certain Medicaid benefits if you have insurance coverage. However, insurance experts recommend getting CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program) coverage for your child.
- Catastrophic Cap for TricareA catastrophic cap is when you need to pay the maximum part of your bill from your own pocket for a covered service in a calendar year. When a Tricare user reaches their catastrophic cap, Tricare often pays a part of that expense, which is called the Tricare allowed amount for the rest of the(...)
- Centers for Medicaid and Medicare ServicesProviding efficient healthcare to its citizens should be one of the top priorities for any country.
- Community Medical GroupCommunity Medical Group (CMG) is one of the foremost choices of respected healthcare providers. CMG is renowned as Florida's top choice of Medicaid and Medicare healthcare providers. Here, the string of highly experienced healthcare professionals ensures to provide excellent care whenever you(...)
- Does CVS Take Tricare?Tricare offers multiple healthcare benefits to a specific group of individuals. To understand if CVS takes Tricare or not, you must understand what CVS and Tricare actually do.
- Centers for Medicaid and MedicareThe Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is the agency under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services which is responsible for managing the country’s major healthcare programs.
- How to Get a New Medicaid Card?Medicaid is government-sponsored health insurance for people with lower incomes. Today, over 60 million Americans are enrolled in Medicaid. This health insurance program helps you if you don’t make much money or are on a limited budget, can’t work because of a disability, are already enrolled(...)
- Medicaid Cataract Surgery CoverageMany Americans access health services through Medicaid. Programs under Medicaid must adhere to federal laws by they are structured on a state-by-state basis.
- Medicaid Chiropractic CoverageThe topic of Medicaid's chiropractic care coverage extent is unnerving for patients in need of the services of a chiropractor. After all, why wouldn't Medicaid pay for your chiropractic care if it would end up saving the program money in the long run?
- Medicaid Contacts CoverageMedicaid is a low-cost health insurance program meant to help low-income persons and families.
- Medicare Cancer Treatment CoverageThese plans can cover the expense of consultation visits for surgical cancer treatment. You may also need to pay some expenses from your pockets, depending on your Medicare plan type.
- Medicare Cataract Surgery CoverageCataracts are incredibly common eye problems in seniors. According to reports, over half of Americans over 80 years old have cataracts or have undergone eye surgery to treat cataracts.
- Medicare Colonoscopy CoverageScreening colonoscopy is crucial to diagnosing colorectal cancer. It provides patients with ample treatment opportunities before the disease progresses further.
- Medicare CPAP Machines CoverageA continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine is a medical device that provides extra oxygen with a bit of force.
- Medicare Physical Therapy CoverageFor one reason or the other, you may find yourself in need of physical therapy and in that moment, you may wonder if your Medicare plan will cover the same.
- Tricare Chiropractic CoverageIn today’s modern life, people tend to work harder to earn their bread and fulfill their desires. They often forget to look after their health to achieve their life goals. According to a recent study, over 40% of the youth experience back problems. If you face the same problem, you must visit(...)
- What is COBRA Health Insurance?COBRA, short for Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act, is a health insurance initiative. It lets eligible employed members receive health insurance coverage for themselves and their dependents. This insurance cover becomes applicable if the COBRA member loses their job or has reduced(...)
- Medicaid Dermatology CoverageThe issue of Medicaid's dermatology coverage extent confuses people looking for a means to visit a dermatologist.
- Medicaid Diabetic Supplies CoverageMedicare Part B (Medical Insurance) and Medicare Part D (Drug Coverage) cover some of the diabetic supplies and services.
- Medicaid for Disabled IndividualsMedicaid is one of the most popular public health insurance programs operated by the US federal government in conjunction with numerous states.
- Medicare Approved DME Suppliers ListDurable Medical Equipment (DME) is any equipment that gives therapeutic benefits to those who are unwell or have a medical condition.
- Medicare Dental Implants CoverageHow to get Medicare to pay for dental implants? - Well, several people are wondering the same. They are looking for opportunities to get Medicare dental coverage for dental implants and routine services.
- Medicare Dermatology CoverageYou see, your skin is your first line of defense against infections and injuries. As a result, skin disorders are common and can vary from insignificant to severe, and at times you might need to see a specialist.
- Emergency MedicaidEmergency Medicaid is provided for services and care which is necessary to treat an emergency medical condition.
- Is Eliquis Covered by Medicare?Federal law requires that Medicare cover certain medications such as blood thinners. However, prices will vary according to your plan.
- Medicaid Eye Exams CoverageEssentially, Medicaid is the state-administered program that provides health insurance to low-income individuals.
- Medicaid Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) CoverageMedicaid’s non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) benefit allows access to health care for low-income beneficiaries who may otherwise not have an affordable means of transport to health care appointments.
- Medicare Eye Exams CoverageWhen people ask, "Does Medicare cover eye exams," there are often talking about routine eye checks. But, unfortunately, in Medicare Part A & B (Original Medicare), there is no coverage for routine eye checks or recommendations for contact lenses or corrective glasses.
- Medicaid Eye Glasses CoverageYes, Medicaid covers the cost of buying new glasses when they are considered to be medically necessary. Additionally, children and adolescents get coverage for glasses too. However, under federal law, Medicaid is not required to cover glasses. Still, most states offer prescription eyeglass(...)
- Can Medicaid Take Your House?Most elderly persons who receive assistance or care through Medicaid frequently wonder what would happen to their homes. Besides this, it is also a great concern among adults whose parents (mother, father, or both) need Medicaid assistance to reside at a nursing home facility. So, can Medicaid(...)
- Medicaid Hearing Aids CoverageHearing aids are one of the most common public health issues. Those with Medicare and Medicaid health insurance can resolve their issues with hearing aid coverage under the health insurance. Do Medicaid cover hearing aids?-
- Medicare Hearing Aids CoverageIt's estimated that hearing loss is prevalent in two-thirds of individuals above 70 years in America.
- Medicare Home Health Care CoverageIf a medical condition prevents you from being mobile, home healthcare services are the perfect solution.
- Medicare Hospice CoverageHospice care refers to the services and treatments that ailing individuals whose life expectancy is less than six months receive.
- Introduction to Medicare and MedicaidMedicare and Medicaid are two government-sponsored programs that offer medical and health-related services to eligible individuals within the US.
- Medicaid Dental Implants CoverageThe topic of Medicaid's dental coverage extent confuses patients looking for a way to pay for dental work.
- Medicaid IVF CoverageData from the NSFG (national survey of family growth) shows that many women with Medicaid coverage never use their plans to help them get pregnant compared to those with private insurance.
- Medicare IVF CoverageAccording to the United States NLM (National Library of Medicine), roughly 10% of couples in America are considered infertile based on their inability to conceive after one year of unprotected sex. Such couples can pursue fertility treatments to help them conceive.
- Does Medicare Cover Lift Chairs?Medicare will cover the cost of your lift chair for specific medical conditions. Also, there are guidelines when buying lift chairs, and out-of-pocket costs apply too.
- Does Medicare Cover Liposuction?Liposuction is a type of cosmetic surgery. It involves removing fat from different areas of the body. Liposuction is mostly performed on the tummy, neck, and buttocks.
- Medicaid Lasik CoverageMyopia and other refractive problems can make it hard to read or work. You might also experience migraines, eye strain, and blurry vision.
- Medicaid Liposuction CoverageMedicaid usually covers surgeries for life-threatening injuries or illnesses. These may include open-heart surgeries or surgeries to remove malignant cancerous tumors.
- Medicare Long Term Care CoverageBefore getting into Medicare coverage, it is important to learn about the different types of long term care. It usually refers to several services which are medically necessary for a prolonged period of time.
- Can You Have Medicare and Medicaid at the Same Time?A person can have both Medicaid and Medicare, provided they fulfill certain eligibility requirements. For instance, some people qualify for Medicare based on their age (over 65 years) or if they have a disability.
- Medicare AdvantageMedicare Advantage is part of the Medicare program. It is designed to offer aid to older people and disabled persons who are eligible. It is also called Medicare Part C and is provided by private insurance companies instead of the US federal government. Medicare Advantage (MA) plans usually(...)
- Medicare Chiropractic CoverageMedicare is one of the most popular federal health insurance programs. It is aimed at serving individuals over 65 years of age.
- MedigapMedigap is a supplemental insurance plan within Medicare. It is sold my private insurance carriers to help cover the original Medicare costs, such as copayments, deductibles and coinsurance.
- How to Bill Medicaid for Mental Health Services (MHS)?Medicaid Services are provided to those who can not have an insurance policy or cannot pay for health services. Medicaid Services are implemented by the state favoring low-income people, pregnant women, the disabled, and those who need treatment for long-term for various illnesses.
- Medicare Mental Health CoverageMedicare is a health insurance program offered by the US federal government to citizens over 65 years. It is also available to individuals below 65 years who have specific medical conditions.
- What Does Medicaid Not CoverUnder the Medicaid program, US states are forced to cover mandatory benefits and they decide whether or not to cover optional benefits. Benefits must be equal to the quantity, interval, and range of the subscribers (the compatibility rule).
- What is Medicaid?Medicaid is a government-backed health insurance program designed for people who come from low-income families. As the federal department backs it, it’s a trusted health insurance partner.
- Does Medicare Pay For Nursing Homes?Medicare generally doesn't cover long-term nursing home costs (the federal government’s national health insurance program).
- How to Apply for Medicaid in North Carolina?Medicaid in NC or North Carolina Medicaid is a program that offers health care services to adults, pregnant women, children, people with disabilities, and senior citizens with low economic backgrounds who can meet the eligibility criteria.
- Does Medicare Cover Annual Physicals?Medicare mainly covers the cost of healthcare services that are used to diagnose and treat medical conditions. Sometimes, Medicare also covers preventive services, such as annual wellness visits. However, annual wellness visits are different from annual physical exams.
- Medicaid Prescriptions CoverageIf you're an enrollee with a Medicaid card or an eligibility letter confirming that you're a Medicaid recipient, you can buy prescriptions drugs that Medicaid covers.
- Medicare Parts A, B, C and DMedicare is a Government-backed health insurance program that pays almost the total amount for hospital stays and other expenses for health-related issues.
- Pregnant, No Insurance, Don’t Qualify for MedicaidInterestingly, Medicaid facilities can be availed by Pregnant women. The coverage would begin from the day when she qualified for the insurance even if she applied after her pregnancy.
- How to Apply for Social Security?Social Security is administered by Social Security Administration, known as SSA. It provides a source of income to retired persons and those who can’t go to work due to physical disability. Social Security comes with many other benefits.
- Medicare Cost at Age 65After paying for Medicare with payroll deductions at work for several years, many people reach the Medicare eligibility age of 65, believing that their coverage will be free henceforth.