What Federal Grants for Medical Equipment are Available?
Federal grants for medical equipment support improved patient care delivery, improved patient outcomes, and lower injury rates. They are worth their weight in gold!
New medical equipment and technology, however, come at a high cost. There is no doubt that Emergency Medical Services (EMS agencies) often struggle with EMS equipment’s ever-growing cost throughout the USA.
The outcomes of putting in the extra time and effort to seek and apply for grant funding may be well worth it.
Federal grants for medical equipment makes it possible to get EMS equipment that would otherwise be out of reach.
Federal Grants for Medical Equipment – How to Obtain?
Medical equipment help in preventing, monitoring, and treating health conditions.
The aim of offering federal grants for medical is to support the processes or services that facilitate the delivery of high-quality and economically-efficient healthcare in the U.S.
The strategy to obtain grant funding for EMS equipment includes the following steps:
- Identify the problems or community issues that a specific project will address. Find the cost for the equipment and how it will strengthen and improve the community or agency. When considering potential projects for grants, the equipment should produce a quantifiable benefit.
- It is imperative to search for available federal grants so that you fully understand the amount of funding available, requirements, key dates, eligible activities, etc.
- To obtain grants, the narrative part of the application is the most intimidating step. Begin early and use the right resources to a strong case in your application. It should explain how this equipment or capability will enhance patient care and your agency’s response capabilities. Focus on health and safety and explain the negative impacts if your project is not funded.
- Pay attention to the requirements such as DUNS number or NIMS and NFIRS as the absence of these can potentially eliminate you from the process. Take the help of resources that are available to guide you throughout the process. EMSGrantsHelp.com provides direct links to grants basics, research, utilities, and information, etc.
Federal Grants for Medical Equipment – The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The mission of HHS is to improve the health of Americans by providing effective health and human services.
It also aims to promote sound and sustained advances in the sciences underlying medicine, public health, and social services.
You can apply for the following programs to get federal grants for medical equipment.
1. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s mission is to make health care safer, equitable, more accessible, and affordable.
Grants from AHRQ support research to enhance and improve the quality, accessibility, and cost-effectiveness of health care.
For more information, visit https://www.ahrq.gov/funding/index.html.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) awards approximately $11 billion in federal funds. PGO support CDC’s mission by effectively allocating funds where they are most needed.
For more information, visit https://www.cdc.gov/grants/index.html.
3. National Institutes of Health
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) provides financial support in the form of grants to enhance health and reduce illness burdens.
NIH awards grants for research and grants opportunities that support research-related activities, including fellowship and training, career development, scientific conferences, resources, and construction.
For more information, visit https://www.nih.gov/grants-funding.
Federal Grants for Medical Equipment – What Are the Available Options?
Securing federal grants is a non-stop challenge. Federal grants for medical equipment is available to anyone prepared to put in the effort and time to seek the right resources for support and apply.
However, it can be a daunting task to find grants relevant to your business and currently receiving applications. To make the process simpler and faster, here is the list of grants for medical equipment.
1. NSF Seed Fund
The National Science Foundation Seed Fund provides up to 1.25 million dollars in funding. Work must be administered in the United States, and the organization must be owned by 50% or more U.S. citizens.
2. Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP)
Funding up to $500,000 is offered for medical device technology that supports those with disabilities or needy rehabilitation support in the United States.
3. Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program (AFG)
The prime goal of AFG is to meet the firefighting and emergency response requirements of fire departments and nonaffiliated EMS organizations.
Priority for equipment requests is to replace non-compliant, old equipment or for first-time purchases.
Federal grants for medical equipment might not fund your entire project cost. However, it is the best option that supports a portion of the overall costs.
Make sure to research thoroughly to grab the opportunity and complete the application process carefully.