Medicare Approved DME Suppliers
Durable Medical Equipment (DME) is any equipment that gives therapeutic benefits to those who are unwell or have a medical condition.
Those who provide this approved medical equipment or home medical equipment from Medicare are approved DME providers.
But if you are new to the topic and don’t know about Medicare and its approved equipment providers, then in the next section, we will discuss everything in detail.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is a government endeavor in the field of national health insurance plans in the United States.
The effort was begun in 1965 by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and is now managed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Medicare’s primary purpose is to offer health insurance to Americans 65 and older. However, younger people can also benefit from this insurance under some conditions, such as end-stage renal illness and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease).
Medicare is separated into many plans that cover a range of healthcare conditions. Some of which are paid less or more depending on the plan.
At the same time, this allows the plan to provide clients with additional cost and coverage options.
Four of these plans are:
Part A: This coverage includes inpatient hospital treatment, skilled nursing facility care, hospice, lab testing, surgery, and home health care.
Part B: This part contributes to the cost of medically essential services, including outpatient treatment, home health care, durable medical equipment (DME), and other medical services provided by doctors and other healthcare professionals.
Part C: This Medicare Advantage program enables participants to sign up for a private health plan.
Part D: This plan covers outpatient prescription medicines through commercial plans with Medicare agreements.
What is DME?
Durable medical equipment, or DME, is a category of medical products covered by Medicare Part B. These types of equipment are reusable and intended primarily for use in the patient’s home or a long-term hospital recovery area.
The need for durable medical equipment within the home is growing along with in-home care services.
Due to its quality and endurance, the market for durable medical equipment is always expanding. Nowadays, there are hundreds of providers of this type of equipment.
- Among the many forms of durable medical equipment are mobility aids, personal care aids, prostheses, orthotics, and oxygen equipment.
- Mobility aids are given to patients with trouble walking or moving independently.
- Items that help a disabled, sick, or elderly patient execute daily hygiene activities might be considered personal care aids. People can utilize personal care aids to help them use the restroom, get in and out of the bath or shower, and provide extra stability to prevent falls.
- Thanks to prosthetic limbs, patients can carry out tasks requiring the missing limb.
- Footwear with orthotics can treat a condition or help a patient walk while still undergoing foot therapy.
- The use of oxygen equipment can help people who have respiratory issues. The diagnosis of COPD and asthma are two examples.
- It’s vital to remember that the supplier determines whether or not this equipment is available. Therefore, it is suggested that you visit a local provider.
Who are Medicare Approved DME Providers?
DME providers are a special category of providers who have satisfied stringent performance requirements set by Medicare.
They provide complete, high-quality services, including oxygen, wheelchairs, soft products, and highly specialized goods. Usually, these service providers may offer service in most regions of the nation.
How to Find an Authorized Medicare DME Supplier?
Selecting the correct provider is one of your most crucial healthcare decisions. Here are some pointers for locating services in your area:
- Call the office of the provider you already use and wish to keep using to determine whether they take your insurance.
- Contact the state of Medicare. To identify providers in your network who accept your health insurance, look at their website or consult your member handbook.
- Use these resources to evaluate healthcare providers in your region and ask your friends and family if they have any recommendations for service providers.
To know the local provider in your state, you can visit this website medicare.gov.
Medicare Approved DME Suppliers – List
There are thousands of DME providers, a few of them are:
- Surgi-Care Inc
- Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics West Inc
- CareLinc Medical Equipment & Supply Co Llc
- Northeast Home Medical Supplies Inc.
- Buffalo Pharmacies, Inc.
- Yanke Bionics Inc
- Heel to Toe Foot Center, Llc,
- Discount Drug Mart Inc
- Franhill Pharmacy Llc
- Scheck & Siress Prosthetics, Inc
Besides this list, if you want to go through the full directory, you can visit data.cms.gov.
All DME providers comply with Medicare regulations, guaranteeing proper equipment delivery and installation and a secure environment.
This, as a result, increases the benefit of the help provided to patients.