What Johnson and Johnson Grants are Available?
Johnson & Johnson is probably one of the oldest and most reputed healthcare and cosmetic companies in the world. Apart from offering varied baby care and first aid products, the company is a global entity in offering financial aid for the progress and advancement of healthcare services around the globe. Johnson & Johnson is renowned for not only offering the best healthcare and cosmetic products but is also highly active in providing grants and financial assistance to the deserving. The company offers grants for medical treatments for the needy as well as provides scholarships for aspiring students to pursue research and higher education in medical science and healthcare.
About Johnson and Johnson Grants for Patients
The Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Foundation, Inc. (JJPAF) is a separate and non-profit organization that is aimed at helping eligible persons to receive financial assistance for getting medical treatments, especially if the person does not have an insurance cover. Under the grant, the patient is eligible to receive prescription products donated by Johnson & Johnson-owned companies.
According to the company, every individual patient requires a different approach to treatment. This makes getting medical treatment harder for those whose health insurance policy does not cover certain treatments or if the patient does not have any insurance cover at all. The prescription cover is one of the most important aspects of health insurance and those without prescription cover are unable to afford the often expensive prescription medicines or aids.
This is where the Johnson & Johnson Patient Assistance Program (PAP) comes as the perfect solution.
The Johnson & Johnson PAP initiative is a non-profit organization that helps patients without insurance coverage to receive prescription medication for free through donations from its numerous subsidiaries. Companies, such as DePuy Synthes Mitek and Janssen are major contributors to this initiative since 2005 and have helped over 500,000 patients to get expensive prescription medications completely free of charge.
Eligibility for Johnson and Johnson Grants
As with any funding organization, there are specific criteria and guidelines dictating the type of applicants who are eligible for the patient assistance program from Johnson & Johnson.
To find out if you are eligible to receive Johnson and Johnson patients assistance program grant, you need to visit JJPAF.org/eligibility and answer the questions detailed below:
- What medications from Johnson and Johnson operated companies have you been prescribed by your doctor?
- How many members are in your family?
- How much is the total annual income of your entire family?
- Are you a resident of the US or any US territory?
- Are you receiving treatment from a US-licensed doctor?
- Are you being treated as an outpatient?
- Do you have insurance coverage, Medicare or Medicaid coverage?
If you think you are eligible for the grant, then you will need to download and fill the application. Alternately, you can also choose to call the organization directly to request a mail application by calling on 800-652-6227.
Once you have received and filled the application form, you will also need to add a few more details, including:
- Copy of your most recent 1040EZ or 1040 tax form
- Details of health insurance (if any)
- Signing the application form
- Requesting your doctor to validate and sign the application form
Once you’ve performed these steps, then you will need to mail the application form back to the address printed on the application form.
Once JJPAF receives your application, it is reviewed in 3 working days and a letter is sent to the applicant to let them know whether their application has been approved or rejected. If your application is approved, the organization will inform you of the location where you can pick the prescription medication from, or if the prescription medication can be sent directly to your home address.
Under the grant, eligible candidates receive free prescription medications for up to 1 year and the candidate has the option to renew their application annually.
Benefits of Johnson and Johnson Patient Assistance Program
These are the express benefits and advantages of successfully receiving prescription medication through the Johnson & Johnson patient assistance program:
- Patients who live within the United States or in a US Territory are eligible to receive any of the 35+ essential but expensive prescription medications on the list.
- Candidates can apply for the grant completely free of charge with just one application
- Candidates can receive prescription medication for free for up to one year and may re-apply to renew their prescription medication grant annually.
- Hospitals receive free prescription medication which is used for un-insured or under-insured patients under their care.
The Johnson and Johnson Patient Assistance Program is an excellent way for under-insured or uninsured patients to successfully receive the essential but expensive prescription medications which would otherwise not be possible for them through conventional means. It is an excellent initiative and has helped tens of thousands of deserving patients to date.