Grants for Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss
Grants for plastic surgery after weight loss support the obese community to enhance the quality of life.
These grants also support research and find solutions to raise awareness among people to end obesity.
Grants for Plastic Surgery after Weight Loss – Mission
Most health insurance policies consider the medical treatments for obesity as elective, leaving patients with no surgery access.
The mission of grants for plastic surgery after weight loss is to save patients’ lives with no access to care. These grants offer the necessary funding required to pay for obesity treatments.
Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America (WLSFA) – Grant Programs
The Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America offers various grant programs to people afflicted with obesity.
- Full Grant Program
The full grant program covers the medical treatment of obesity and reconstructive surgery. Patients in financial need are referred by surgeons and invited to apply to prove their financial needs.
The grants cycle begins every year on June 1.
- Partial Grant Program
It is an ongoing process! All those surgeons who participate in the WLSFA Full Grant Program can refer patients with small financial needs. It includes co-pays deductibles or fees less than $4000 that are not covered by insurance policies.
- Weight Loss Surgery Conference
WLSFA hosts an annual conference. It supports motivation, education, and inspiration for people who are affected by obesity. WLSFA’s fundraiser also hosts this event to support grant programs.
Grants from the WLSFA – Requirements
To receive a grant from the WLSFA, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be approved for weight loss or reconstructive surgery
- You should either have no insurance or have insurance that won’t cover all of the costs.
To apply for WLSFA grants, follow the application process https://www.wlsfa.org/wlsfagrantprocess/.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) – Public Funder
NIH is the largest public funder to enhance life and reduce illness or disability.
The NIH grants help people live longer and build the research foundation for new treatments and discoveries.
NIH – Grant Process
For a successful grant application, you need to follow the process.
- Explore the different types of funding opportunities, along with the eligibility requirements. https://grants.nih.gov/funding/searchguide/index.html#/
- Get familiar with the requirements and ensure all the registrations are in place. Choose your available submission option.
- Complete the application form as per the instructions. Develop your budget and attach the documents that are required.
- Finally, submit your application.
- You can track and confirm that the attached documents reflect your submission correctly.
To learn more, you can visit https://grants.nih.gov/grants/about_grants.htm.
The Plastic Surgery Foundation (The PSF) – To Support Research
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is committed to providing high levels of research. It ensures that plastic surgeons have the required resources to become innovators in the practice of medicine.
The various grant programs are:
1. Combined Pilot Research Grants: These grants are available to foster the development of surgeon scientists.
2. National Endowment for Plastic Surgery: This grant is intended to support research projects or advancements of tools for utmost patient care.
3. Pilot Research Grant: It is meant to support residents and junior faculty. A senior investigator can also apply for these grants if they are proposing new research or idea.
4. PSF Directed Research Grant – Breast Implant Safety: These grants are offered to study the systematic illnesses and complications faced during breast implant.
5. PSF Diversity and Inclusion: The grants are given to identify and create prospective tools, resources, approaches for improving the methods of plastic surgery.
6. PSF/MTF Biologics Allograft Tissue Research Grant: These grants support research focused on biologic repair and reconstruction.
7. PSF Translational and Innovation Research Grant: The funding is provided for commercial development, and the objective is to benefit patients and address their unmet clinical needs.
8. Research Fellowships: The purpose of this grant is to encourage academic career development and research in plastic surgery
To apply and learn more about these grant programs, visit https://www.thepsf.org/research/grants-program.
Cosmetic Surgery Grant Program
The Dr.Harold Gillies Cosmetic Surgery Grants Program allows you to pay less for surgical procedures.
Grants for plastic surgery after weight loss reduce the costs up to 20%, depending on the procedure.
For more information, visit https://www.cosmeticsurgerygrants.org/how-the-program-works.
Morbid obesity is a disease that is killing thousands of Americans each year. The surgeries are expensive procedures. The grants for plastic surgery after weight loss allow you to conquer your goals!
Get the financial aid and complete the final step to the weight loss journey!