Best Apps for Resident Physicians
You can find an app for everything today, thanks to the ubiquitous nature of smartphones. Most professional industries are increasingly relying on apps, for social media networking and helpful tools.
The medical sector is one of the foremost to adapt to new technologies. Hence, there is a wide scope and benefit of apps for professionals in the healthcare sector.
Apps for resident physicians assist in three main ways. Firstly, they help enhance efficiency. Secondly, these apps are incredibly accurate, in terms of definitions, theories and solutions.
Besides this, medical apps for resident physicians are also very convenient.
Best Apps for Resident Physicians in 2023
With these factors in mind, we have created a list of the best apps for resident physicians in 2023:
1 – Medscape
Medscape is a diverse medical reference app. It allows doctors to stay updated with the latest in medical innovations and discoveries. This app has a vast storage of news, medical calculators, drug details and help to continue medical education.
Here are the top features that make Medscape one of the best apps for resident physicians in 2023:
- News about relevant medical topics
- Quick access to safety, prescription information and the latest medical guidelines for more than 8,000 medicinal drugs
- Visual identification of medical pills
- Results of mixing two different drugs
- Over 600 dosing calculators
- Access to the database with over 4,000 medical conditions and disorders with clear illustrations
- Educational images, directives and videos on over 1,000 medical procedures
- Formulary details
To download this top app for resident physicians, you can simply click on this link https://www.medscape.com/public/medscapeapp.
2 – Kareo
Kareo is another top app for resident physicians. It is a cloud-based EHR (Electronic Health Record) app. It is compatible for use with iOS devices, such as iPhones and iPad.
This app provides numerous types of services that are essential for resident physicians to perform their duties. The app offers an extensive billing feature, Smart Workflow feature, etc.
Some of the top features of Kareo include:
- Adding and editing appointments
- Patient management
- Viewing patient history
- Capturing, uploading and annotating documents live
- Communicating with staff and patients efficiently
- Prescribing medications and lab tests
- Keep track of billing and invoices
If you want to download Kareo, you can simply click this link https://www.kareo.com/mobile.
3 – Epocrates
Epocrates is one of the oldest yet still popular apps, with millions of downloads to date. It is estimated that around 50% of doctors in the US use Epocrates.
This is a reliable, time-saving tool that helps resident physicians to make the best clinical decisions. You can use this app to connect with fellow doctors through text using the athenaText feature. This is incredibly useful for consultation and referrals.
Some of the top features that make Epocrates one of the best apps for resident physicians include:
- Information regarding prescription
- OTC medicine details
- Information on herbals and other supplements
- Interaction/reaction of nearly 30 drugs at a time
- Patient measurement calculator
- Insurance coverage verification for prescription medicine
If you think Epocrates would suit your needs as a resident physician, then you can download the app by clicking on this link http://www.epocrates.com/.
4 – UpToDate
UpToDate is another top app for resident physicians. This app gives easier access to a vast database of updated medical information. You can browse through over 8,500 different medical topics and swiftly retrieve your recently viewed information too.
In addition, more than 4,400 medical experts update the information in the app frequently. This app is considered one of the best tools to make sound and effective medical decisions.
Let’s check out a few of the highlighting features of the UpToDate app:
- Latest medical news alerts
- Notifications for the latest information regarding recently-viewed topics
- Updates anticipated changes in medical practice and offered specific recommendations
- Search through medical information in multiple languages
- Access to over 10,000 graphics
- Medical calculators
- Checks drug interactions
To download and install UpToDate, you can simply click on this link https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/
5 – DynaMed Plus
DynaMed Plus is a medical reference app. It provides updated and evidence-based information that helps resident physicians to make the best clinical decisions. It offers precise and direct content and lets you search for answers quickly.
Medical and healthcare experts review and update this app multiple times daily. This app is compatible for use with Android and iOS devices.
Some of the highlighting features that rank DynaMed Plus on our list of the best apps for resident physicians in 2023 include:
- Simply navigation
- Crystal-clear search feature
- Access to drug information from Micromedex Clinical Knowledge Suite
- Create notes
- Bookmark favorite articles and news
- Send emails
- Access information even if offline
To download and use the DynaMed Plus app, you can simply click the link https://www.dynamed.com/about/anytime-anywhere-access/.
6 – Lexicomp
Lexicomp is yet another top medical app for resident physicians. This app lets you access a vast array of medical information easily. It contains an enormous library for references and information on oral diseases, infectious diseases and toxicology.
The app also helps you to retrieve information on prescription drugs and drug interactions. The app also comes loaded with a vast medical dictionary and several medical calculators.
This app is designed for use with Android and iOS devices.
To download and use this app, you can simply click on this link https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/solutions/
7 – Omnio
Omnio secures 7th place on our list of the best apps for resident physicians in 2023. This app is the more advanced version of Skyscape, one of the earliest medical apps ever developed.
Using Omnio you can retrieve and edit information. This app acts as one of the best and most handy medical resources.
Some of the highlighting features that get Omnio ranked on our list include:
- Reviewing the Merck Manual
- Accessing information from the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, etc
- Checking symptoms
- Identifying pills
- Determining drug dosage
- Searching for prescription medication
To download and install Omnio on your mobile, you can simply click on this link https://www.imedicalapps.com/.
These are the seven best apps for resident physicians to use in 2023. These apps provide a convenient, accurate and efficient way to identify symptoms, prescribe medications, check the dosage and do a host of other medical activities.
Let’s hope that one or more of these apps will help alleviate the stress of your residency and assist in making you an expert physician.
Apps for Healthcare Professionals
Best Non Clinical Physician Jobs