Lasik Eye Surgery Cost New in York
People have been using glasses to correct their poor vision for many years.
Salvino D’Armate invented the first-ever eyeglasses in 1284. The earliest glasses were prescribed for hyperopia and were aligned on the bridge of the nose.
Even though eyeglasses help improve weak eyesight, not everyone is comfortable carrying heavy glasses resting on the nose bridge.
Contact lenses were invented around 1887 by F.A. Muller, a German glassblower. Many people switched to lenses as it was lighter eyeglasses.
However, the earlier lenses were quite large and would cover the eye’s entire front surface, including the sclera (white) of the eye.
With time, medical science has also developed, and various studies and research have been done to make the life of humankind easier. Lasik eye surgery is one such invention of medical science.
Lasik eye surgery can easily be a better alternative to eyeglasses and contact lenses. Laser refractive surgery corrects vision problems and mostly, this solution is permanent.
Let’s know more about Lasik surgery.
What is Lasik Surgery?
Lasik stands for laser in-situ keratomileusis; it can correct vision in people who are nearsighted or farsighted or who have astigmatism.
In earlier days, eye surgery was a difficult task and the recovery time was also lengthy.
However, ever since the invention of the laser, a lot has changed. Treatment of the eyes has become easier. Not just that, the laser is also popularly used in the beauty industry.
The LASIK surgery was invented by Dr. Ioannis Pallikaris of Greece and Dr. Lucio Buratto of Italy in 1990. In this surgery procedure, the laser cuts thin flaps of the cornea, the eye’s primary component, to change its form. Asa result, it improves eyesight.
Why is Lasik Done?
If the light does not focus on your retina the way it should, your vision gets blurry. The basic types include:
Farsightedness: You see faraway things clearly, but closer things are blurry.
Nearsightedness: You see things clearly when close to you, but things farther away are blurry.
Astigmatism: This can make everything blurry because your eye is shaped.
The reason for the popularity of Lasik eye surgery is that in this method level of accuracy is more.
Lasik Eye Surgery Cost New York – Know the Complete Cost
There are a lot of factors on which the price of LASIK eye surgery depends. It depends on the physician’s methods, the tools used, and the clinic’s location.
If you look for LASIK Surgery online, there will be varying prices again.
The cost also highly depends on the type of treatment you may need. You can know the detail of exact cost after getting a consultation from an expert Lasik surgeon.
While cheap treatment offers are tempting, remember your vision is very delicate.
Therefore, before making your decision, you should conduct proper research on the surgeon’s credibility and experience before undergoing the procedure.
Pointers to Remember Before LASIK Surgery
Here are some things to be kept in mind before undergoing surgery.
1. Determine the experience of the doctor that will be handling your surgery. At least the doctor should have three years of experience and must have handled 50+ cases.
2. If you are suffering from diseases like Lupus Erythematous, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, or diabetes, or are pregnant, then you should avoid the procedure of Lasik. In such a condition, healing may take time, and results may not be satisfactory.
3. Ask the doctor for a reference of at least five patients who have undergone LASIK surgery by him. Providing the reference should not be a problem if the doctor is confident about his skills and has done a good job.
4. Increase your water intake before the surgery. You will be doing your eye a great favor by increasing the water intake as one of the common side-effects of LASIK eye surgery is dry eyes. Drinking more water will keep the eyes hydrated.
5. You should rest at least for a couple of days and avoid exposing your eyes to dust, pollution, and heat for a week at least. Do not use make-up anywhere in or around the eyes.
Readers can learn more about LASIK at mountsinai.org.
Before going for LASIK eye surgery, talk with your doctor and know everything about the procedure. Everyone has their concerns; to each their own.
What is essential is to make a well-informed choice. Do not just consider the price factor.
Choose a well-experienced surgeon and a LASIK surgery center that provides Blade-Free LASIK technology customized to your needs.