How to Get Dental Implants Covered by Insurance? – Overview
Dental implants are incredibly useful. They help you to make your smile much more attractive and also help to remedy any problems with loss of teeth.
However, dental implants are not cheap. Oral implants are ranked among the costliest dental surgeries and can run the bill to thousands of dollars.
Even if your health insurance policy offers extensive coverage, you need to make sure that it covers the cost of dental implants.
If you are unaware of this, it is highly recommended to review your existing health insurance policy.
If you are looking to buy a health insurance policy that covers the cost of dental implants, then there are several important things you need to be aware of.
Find what your insurance covers
The type of health insurance you have will determine the extent of dental care which is covered by it. Several insurance providers offer health insurance whose benefits include dental healthcare, but with certain limitations.
On the other hand, buying a comprehensive dental insurance plan is more effective as it offers incredible flexibility and extended coverage.
Some of the most common dental procedures covered by leading health insurance providers include:
- Basic Restorative Care – To fit crowns or for fillings
- Preventive Care – For routine visits to the dentist and professional dental cleaning services
- Oral Surgery – For dental surgical procedures, such as tooth extraction, drainage of bacterial infections, fixing dental implants and tissue biopsy
- Endodontics – For root canal procedures
- Orthodontics – For fixing retainers, aligners, braces and palatal expanders
- Prosthodontics – For installing bridges, dentures and dental implants
- Periodontics – For root planing, scaling, periodontal surgery, gum grafting and placement of dental implants that have been certified for implant placements
Best Insurance Plans for Dental Implants
Now that you know more about the types of dental treatments that are covered by major insurance providers, let’s take a look at the top insurance plans for dental implants available to buy in 2021:
1 – DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental offers numerous dental policies and offers its services through a vast nationwide network of supporters.
It is one of the oldest and most renowned dental health insurance providers and today serves over 80 million Americans.
The company offers different plans for individuals, retirees, families and even small businesses for employer-sponsored dental insurance policies.
The company offers a wide range of options to choose from, such as Direct Dental Plans, HMO and PPO.
These dental plans are designed to offer varying degrees of coverage choices and deductibles to match your specific requirements.
Delta Dental insurance plans offer 100% cover for routine and preventive dental diagnostic procedures, around 80% of the cost for basic dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals and fillings while the plan covers around 50% of the total cost for major dental procedures, such as dental implants and bridges.
Top Features of Delta Dental
- Offers free online quote
- Provides multiple dental insurance plans
- Customizing options to suit your needs
2 – DENALI DENTAL
Denali Dental offers customizable dental health insurance with an annually increasing coverage amount.
The company offers its services nationwide through an extensive support network. Denali Dental, underwritten by Renaissance Life & Health Insurance Company of America, has an “A” rating for financial strength in AM Best.
The company offers three distinct dental plans – Denali Summit, Denali Peak and Denali Ridge.
The specific premium amount for each plan varies, depending on the company where you are buying the insurance plan, your area of residence as well as the specific plan you choose.
Top Features of Denali Dental
- Offers a higher level of coverage with continued services
- Offers coverage for major dental procedures in most plans
- Provides customizable dental insurance plans
3 – SPIRIT DENTAL & VISION
Spirit Dental and Vision ranks third on this list owing to its quick coverage initiation and its extensive coverage options.
Operated by Direct Benefits Inc., the Spirit Dental & Vision company is one of the major health insurance providers in the US. The company offers several different types of dental insurance policies.
Spirit Dental and Vision insurance plans cover the cost of dental implants and other major dental care procedures.
The company offers dental health plans starting at just a US$ 50 per month premium with an annual deductible of US$ 100.
Spirit is most popular for providing prompt insurance coverage which helps avoid the dreaded waiting period for new policy buyers.
This means that buyers are offered dental health insurance benefits from the moment their insurance application is accepted and processed successfully.
Top Features of Spirit Dental & Vision
- Insurance cover starts immediately and does not have a waiting period
- Free quotes are available online
- Dental implants and major oral care services are covered under insurance plans
4 – CIGNA
Cigna offers two dental insurance plans as a group plan for employer-sponsored health insurance policies.
If you are an employer and seeking to buy affordable yet comprehensive dental care for your employees, then you should consider Cigna Dental plans.
To learn specific details of employer-sponsored dental insurance plans from Cigna, we advise you to contact the company through the official website and get an online quote according to your specific requirements.
Top Features of Cigna Dental
- Reliable insurance provider with excellent financial ratings
- Reputed insurance company
- Top-of-the-shelf group insurance benefits
The above is our selection of the best insurance plans that offer coverage for dental implants.
It is strongly advised by experts that individuals should have a valid insurance policy that covers the cost of minor and major dental procedures, including dental implants.