Dental Grants for Children – Overview
Dental grants for children are offered to improve oral health and access to care. These grants can be helpful for many people due to the high financial cost associated with even routine dental care.
Dental health is essential for overall health. Oral pain and issues can affect the psychological, functional, and social dimensions of a child’s well-being. It causes devastating effects such as poor growth, lost sleep, and behavioral problems.
Further, it can also hamper the crucial process of development that includes socialization, communication, and self-esteem.
Therefore, it is important to get regular check-ups with dentists. It ensures that the child’s teeth are developing normally without any issues, and advice on proper hygiene is given.
Financial assistance is offered in the form of grants to improve oral health and reduce later costs.
Dental Grants for Children – Paying for Dental Costs
The cost of visiting an orthodontist can vary depending on the location as well as the type of dental work. However, here is the breakdown of the estimated costs, from a routine visit to expensive surgery.
- Routine Teeth Cleaning – On average, it can cost between $75 to $200 without insurance. The cost increases to over $300 with x-rays.
- Chronic Periodontitis – It is a gum disease that has affected most people in the United States. The treatment requires a deep-cleaning procedure that includes scaling and root planing. It costs between $500 to $4,000, depending on the extent of the damage.
- Dental Fillings – Cavities are the most common among children in the United States. Whenever these develop, fillings are required to prevent the teeth from further damage. It costs between $75 to $200, depending on the type of material used and the location of the tooth.
- A Root Canal and Crown – Sometimes, a tooth gets infected at the root. In such situations, a root canal and crown are required to repair the tooth. The average cost of the procedure is between $2,050 to $2,614.
- Tooth Extraction – Tooth extraction is necessary for infected or damaged teeth. Based on if the tooth is impacted or erupted and if surgical anesthesia is required, the procedure costs between $75 to $4,000.
- The Full Cost of a Dental Implant – Dental implants is a surgical procedure where an artificial root replaces missing teeth. It can cost between $1,750 to $8,270 per tooth.
- Braces – There are a variety of reasons a child needs braces. The early intervention of braces helps correct developmental problems. It can cost around $5,500. Most commonly, it depends on the type of braces that can range from $3,000 to $10,000.
Healthy Habits for Oral Hygiene
It is vital to build a healthy oral hygiene routine for children. Here are some of the tips for children that can help them keep their teeth healthy and strong. establish
- Use a pea-sized quantity of fluoride toothpaste and spit it out after brushing.
- Brush twice a day for at least 2 minutes
- Start flossing to help build good habits
- Pay attention to the back teeth
- Visit the dentist every six months
Dental Grants for Children – Dental Benefits
Dental health is important. Therefore, in the United States, all the states are required to provide dental benefits to children.
These are covered by Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Medicaid covers dental services for child enrollees. The benefits are part of a comprehensive set, referred to as the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) benefit. Under EPSDT benefit, all services must be provided when determined medically necessary by the states.
Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
States providing CHIP coverage to children through a Medicaid expansion program must provide the EPSDT benefit.
CHIP programs include coverage for dental services that restore oral structures to health and function, prevent disease and promote oral health, and treat emergency conditions.
For more information, visit https://www.insurekidsnow.gov/
Dental Grants for Children – Get the Cost of Treatment
Dental grants for children may cover the cost of expensive dental treatments. Before applying for these life-changing grants, make sure to check the list of qualifications and other requirements.
American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) Foundation
The AAPD Foundation award grants to organizations to make an impact on child’s oral care. The mission is to support children and their families who are unable to afford dental care.
A grant amount of up to $20,000 is offered every year to selected under-served children.
For more information, visit https://aapdfoundation.org/apply-for-grants/
America’s ToothFairy offers access to oral health care to children facing dental issues. The funding is available focusing on areas, namely, Access to Care and Prevention and Education. The aim is to help foster healthy habits.
For more information, visit https://www.americastoothfairy.org/programs
American Dental Association (AMA Foundation)
The AMA Foundation offers various programs to support oral health and overall wellness.
Smiles for Kids Grant Program
Delta Dental Foundation offers grants to redesign and expand the Children’s National Dental Clinic. The aim is to increase access to comprehensive oral health care for under-served children. The funding facilitates the right care and improves children’s long-term health.
For more information, visit Delta Dental Foundation.
American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
The AAO members volunteer through the Donated Orthodontic Services (DOS) program. Financial assistance is provided to children from low-income households, including children with special needs.
For more information, visit https://aaoinfo.org/
Dental attention is crucial, especially in children. As the child develops, it is vital to take care of oral health as it can cause other issues and problems.
Develop good oral health practices at an early age. To maintain dental health and cover the costs of dental work, dental grants for children are available.
It helps in accessing low-cost oral treatment and care. Apply today and enjoy a healthy mouth with pleasant breath, strong teeth, and a bright smile.