Cigna Medical Group – Overview
Cigna Medical Group offers is a health company operating across the globe to improve health and vitality. It has over 70,000 employees working relentlessly at Cigna Healthcare and Evernorth Health Services to provide services to over 190 million global customers spread across more than 30 countries.
Cigna Healthcare is a health insurance provider that promotes better health at every stage of life. Evernorth Health Services takes care of all your pharmacy, healthcare, and insurance benefits requirements.
Cigna Medical Group (CMG) Health Insurance Services
Cigna Medical Group offers a wide range of insurance options, right from individual to family and employer-sponsored coverage.
Here are some of the most popular health insurance products provided by Cigna Medical Group:
Cigna Individual Health Insurance
Cigna Medical Group’s general health insurance plans for individuals and families are extremely affordable. For instance, policyholders do not have to pay for telehealth and preventive care visits, besides having to pay significantly less for generic prescription drugs.
Besides this, beneficiaries also get access to Cigna’s Patient Assurance Program, which offers incredibly affordable healthcare benefits.
Cigna health insurance beneficiaries have direct access to MDLIVE’s virtual dermatology, primary care, and virtual behavioral services round-the-clock for routine visits. Additionally, beneficiaries do not have to pay out-of-pocket expenses for urgent acute care and wellness screenings.
The company also offers myCigna mobile app and website to help customers find the best in-network healthcare providers, pay claims, order new or refill current prescriptions, and more. Besides this, customers also get data-centered personalized alerts for specialized care, cost savings, and health coaching.
You can buy Cigna individual health insurance plans during the Open Enrollment period from November 1 through January 15. This is required for new customers and also for existing customers who wish to renew or modify their present insurance plans.
Cigna Supplemental Health Insurance
Cigna Supplemental Health Insurance helps to cover expenses that are not included in your primary health insurance plan. You can buy Cigna supplemental health insurance policies for as low as USD 10 per month.
Supplemental health insurance is extremely vital to ensure you have optimal coverage for all your medical and healthcare needs. Mainly, supplemental health policies aim to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses (deductibles and copays) when an accident occurs or you fall sick with a serious sickness.
Supplement insurance pays the reimbursement directly to the policyholder, as opposed to the healthcare provider, unless instructed otherwise. This way, you can also cover necessities, such as groceries, childcare and utility bills.
Having supplemental health insurance is more affordable than you may think. You can have comprehensive coverage for your medical needs for a mere USD 1 per month as a premium for a supplemental health insurance policy from Cigna.
Some of the most popular types of supplemental health insurance plans offered by Cigna include:
- Lump Sum Heart Attack and Stroke Insurance – Coverage for heart attacks, stroke or other cardiac-related surgical treatments, and is available for adults between 18 and 99 years old.
- Lump Sum Cancer Insurance – This supplemental health insurance plan is aimed at covering expenses after a cancer diagnosis. It pays cash to help with extensive out-of-pocket expenses, such as medical bills and even household expenses. This supplemental health policy is also available to adults aged between 18 and 99 years.
- Cancer Treatment Insurance – This supplemental health insurance plan from Cigna helps to cover the main expenses of cancer treatment by paying cash for care, treatment, and other associated costs. This supplemental health insurance is also available for adults between the ages of 18 and 99 years.
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance – This is yet another affordable supplemental health insurance plan from Cigna and pays a fixed benefit in cash after insurance-covered hospitalization. This is helpful for paying out-of-pocket medical expenses and household needs. This supplemental health plan is available to individuals between 50 and 85 years old.
- Accident Treatment Insurance – This supplemental healthcare plan from Cigna helps to pay costs for the treatment of accidental injuries through three different flexible benefit levels. You can choose to have the cash paid directly into your account or request it to be paid to the hospital on assignment. This supplemental health insurance policy is available for adults between 18 and 74 years.
- Whole Life Insurance – This is a comprehensive supplemental health insurance plan from Cigna and helps pay for final expenses after an illness or accidental death. The cash benefit is paid directly to the beneficiary with a guarantee that the premiums will not increase. Individuals can buy this supplement health policy between 50 and 85 years old.
If your employer does not sponsor it, you can simply buy supplemental health insurance policies directly from Cigna. It is advised to buy supplemental coverage even if you have comprehensive coverage from your primary health insurance.
Cigna Dental Insurance
Cigna dental insurance can be bought at any time of the year. The company has nationwide dental plans for customers who can enroll and enjoy the benefits from the next month. Cigna offers three distinct dental insurance plans:
- Low Deductible Plans – This dental insurance plan from Cigna offers affordable dental coverage for individuals and families. It can be bought for as low as USD 20 per month, offers USD 0 – USD 50 in deductibles, and offers free dental check-ups, including x-rays and cleaning. Orthodontic treatments are also covered under this dental insurance plan.
- High Annual Maximum Plan – This dental care policy offers more extensive coverage and higher benefits. You can buy this plan for around USD 24 per month and get USD 100 – USD 250 in deductibles, up to USD 50,000 in coverage benefits and free dental check-ups, including x-rays and cleaning (after meeting deductible)
- Bundled Plans – These dental insurance plans from Cigna offer not just dental coverage but also vision and hearing coverage. This plan can be bought for as cheap as USD 32 a month and offers USD 50 – USD 100 in deductibles, up to USD 2,500 in dental benefits, up to USD 300 for vision care and a maximum of USD 700 for hearing care.
Cigna Medical Group is a leading health insurance company and operates globally in more than 30 countries. It serves millions of customers with comprehensive medical and dental insurance coverage, including Medicare plans. To find more details about Cigna health insurance plans, you can visit the company’s official website here https://www.cigna.com/.
Health First Medical Group Services
Wellstar Medical Group Family Medicine
Alexian Brothers Medical Group