Alexian Brothers Medical Group – Overview
Ascension Alexian Brothers Medical Group delivers emergency and specialty care for everyone. They always focus on understanding the health requirements of their patients and trying to fulfill them with quality services. Their specialty care unit deals with several areas, including heart, vascular care, neurosurgery, cancer care, critical care, stroke care, women’s health, and orthopedics.
The maternity department of Alexian Brothers Medical Group offers a personalized birthing experience and advanced neonatal care. Their latest technology, cutting-edge lab tools, and rehabilitation facilities can simplify the healthcare process and improve quality of life.
Medical Services Available Alexian Brothers Medical Group
Alexian Brothers Medical Group offers multiple medical services to improve the healthcare system and help its patients achieve a healthy lifestyle.
1. Birthing Center
The Birthing center offers personalized care and customization during your pregnancy. Their experts can care for new mothers and their babies before and after their birth. They can help you with all of your prenatal and postpartum preparations.
Every pregnancy is unique and has different health requirements. Here, you can find answers to all your questions and access high-quality medical care for you and your child.
You can get the following services at Alexian Brothers Medical Group’s birthing facility –
- Emergency care
- Childbirth classes
- Breastfeeding support
- Level 11+ perinatal services
- Labor care
- Delivery and postpartum care
- Midwifery services
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Neonatal specialty care
2. Brain Tumor Care
Alexian brothers medical group has neurologists, medical oncologists, neurosurgeons, neurosurgery-trained nurses, and radiation oncologists to help patients with brain tumors.
They work together as a team to determine the best treatment process to improve your condition and speed up your recovery.
Experts here can deal with the following conditions –
- Vestibular schwannoma or Acoustic neuroma: Tumor on cocear or vestibular nerves
- Astrocytoma: Cancer in the spinal cord or brain
- Ependymoma: The tumor begins in the spinal cord or brain
- Craniopharyngioma: Noncancerous brain tumor
- Choroid plexus carcinoma: Rare and cancerous brain tumor
- Brain metastases or metastatic brain tumors: Cancer that spreads to the brain
- Glioma: Spinal cord or brain tumor forms in the glial cells
- Glioblastoma: Fast-growing and cancerous tumor in the brain
- Medulloblastoma: brain tumor in the cerebellum
- Pineoblastoma: Rare cancer forms in the pineal gland
- Pituitary tumors: Growth in the pituitary gland
- Hemangioblastoma: Tumors grow in those cells that line the blood vessels in the brain
- Meningioma: Tumor in the membrane surrounding the spinal cord and brain
- Oligodendroglioma: A tumor in the spinal cord or brain
3. Spine Surgery
Spine surgery is a treatment option for chronic neck and back pain when other treatments like medication, therapy, or injections fail to improve your condition.
Here is a list of the spinal cord conditions that may require spine surgery –
- Broken vertebra
- Back pain
- Herniated disk
- Cervical disk disease
- Neck pain
- Spine infection
- Spinal tumor
- Spinal instability
- Spinal stenosis
4. Cancer Care
Alexian brothers medical group offers multiple cancer care services to improve the condition of their patients and help them adopt some preventive measures.
The cancer care department has surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, and other cancer specialists who work together to diagnose and treat different types of cancer.
They often deal with the following conditions –
- Brain cancer
- Blood disorders like blood clots or anemia
- Breast cancer
- Ductal and lymph node cancer
- Blood cancers, including non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, leukemia, myeloproliferative neoplasm, and multiple myeloma
- Colon cancer
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Skin cancer, including melanoma, basal cell, and squamous cell
- Lung and esophageal cancer
5. Heart and Vascular Care
The heart and vascular care department at Alexian brothers medical group generally deals with the following conditions –
- Congenital heart disease: A birth condition that affects the function of the heart
- Atherosclerosis: Hardening or thickening of arteries
- Atrial fibrillation: Irregular or rapid heart rhythm
- Deep vein thrombosis: Deep blood clots in veins
- Cardiomyopathy: Disease of heart muscles
- Coronary artery disease: Damage in the major blood vessels that supply blood to the heart
- Heart failure: The heart is unable to pump enough blood to fulfill body requirements
- Heart attack: Sudden attack when some heart muscle is unable to receive enough blood
- Pericardial disease, pericarditis, and myocarditis: Inflammation around the heart
- Heart valve disease: Heart valves are unable to work
- High cholesterol, blood pressure, and triglycerides
6. Behavioral Health
The behavioral and mental health department offers personalized, supportive, and compassionate care in a judgment-free environment.
The experts here offer diagnoses and treatment for mental health disorders. They also help you to deal with several psychological conditions, including conflict, stress, inability to make decisions, anger, etc.
You can receive their services for the following conditions –
- Behavioral disorder
- Eating disorder
- Anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Psychotic disorder
- Mood disorder
- Pediatric behavioral and mental health conditions
- Personality disorder
- Relationship and stress disorders
7. Neurological Specialty Care
The department offers diagnosis and treatment plans for several medical conditions related to your brain or nervous system.
Here are a few conditions that the experts deal with –
- Chronic pain
- Back pain
- Balance disorders
- Brain function problems
- Multiple sclerosis
- Learning disorders
- Parkinson’s disease
- Nerve pain
8. Orthopedic Care
The experts at the orthopedic care department provide services for conditions related to your bones and joints.
At Alexian brothers medical group, you can receive services for the following conditions –
- Knee pain and injuries
- Foot and ankle problems
- Hip pain and injuries
- Sports medicine care
- Wrist, hand, and elbow care
- Shoulder pain and injuries
9. Chest and Lung Cancer Care
The chest and cancer care department has certified radiologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons, pulmonary medicine specialists, care navigators, oncology nurses, cancer specialists, and dieticians to provide quality health care services.
They work as a team to offer accurate diagnoses and treatment plans for the following conditions –
- Lung carcinoid tumor
- Large cell lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Metastatic lung cancer
- Tracheal cancer
- Small cell lung cancer
- Nonsmall cell lung cancer
- Noncancerous lung nodules
10. Respiratory Care
This department has certified pulmonary medicine specialists who offer diagnosis and treatment plans for several respiratory conditions.
They generally deal with different lung and airway problems including –
- Chronic respiratory faliure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Collapsed lung
- Lung cancer
- Cystic fibrosis
- Congenital malformations in the lungs and airway
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung infections
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Rheumatoid lung disease
- Lung cancer
11. Sleep Disorders
Alexian brothers medical group also has some expert sleep doctors to deal with any sleep-related problems.
They can perform several diagnostic tests to understand your sleeping patterns, sleep routine, and breathing pattern during sleep. They also try to figure out how your sleep routine can affect your heart, brain, and lungs.
Here is a list of the common sleep-related problems that a sleep expert deals with –
- Night terrors
- Dream Enactment
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- Pediatric sleep disorders
- Circadian rhythm disorders
- Central or obstructive sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleep paralysis
- Sleep talking
Alexian Brothers Medical Group works in different areas of the healthcare industry and offers quality medical services for its patients. Their certified experts and healthcare providers always try to offer personalized treatment plans according to the requirements of the patients. It can speed up the recovery process and promote a healthy lifestyle.
I am a dedicated healthcare researcher and an enthusiast specializing in medical grants, medical education and research. Through my articles, I aim to empower healthcare professionals and researchers with valuable insights and resources to navigate these critical aspects effectively.