Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico

Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico – Overview

Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. It is a Health Care Service Corporation division, a mutual legal reserve company.

BCBSNM employs over 1,800 individuals in the state and aims to provide affordable health care to all members. The company has been prominently committed to the well-being of the communities it serves. It provides an extensive range of health insurance plans, from individual and family insurance to group and employer-sponsored insurance plans. It is also involved significantly in various community outreach programs that promote health and wellness in New Mexico.

Blue Shield Blue Cross of New Mexico (BCBSNM) Health Insurance

Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico

Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico – BCBSNM Health Insurance

Health insurance is incredibly important today, with the rising cost of healthcare and substantial growth in the aging population. You need to understand the basics of health insurance and how it can help you, your family, and your employees receive affordable and easy healthcare services.

There are several different options for choosing health insurance plans. You will need to select the right one based on your specific needs. For instance, you will need to consider the monthly premium you are willing to pay, the minimum deductible you need to pay before your insurance coverage takes over, and coinsurance and copayment costs.

Some common health insurance plans include HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) insurance, which is designed to keep medical expenses low and predictable. The PPO (Participating Provider Organization) plan allows members to receive prompt care without having to rely on referrals and getting affordable care from non-network providers.

Additionally, the CDHP plan gives buyers more control over healthcare costs and is usually paired with an HSA (Healthcare Savings Account).

Blue Cross Blue Shield New Mexico (BCBSNM) Insurance Plans

The Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico provides individual and family plans, Medicare, Medicaid, employer, dental, and vision plans, pharmacy coverage, and more.

Let’s take a look at some of the main aspects of BCBSNM health insurance plans:

Blue Cross Blue Shield New Mexico Individual & Family Health Insurance

The BCBSNM offers extensive health insurance coverage to individuals and families alike. It offers three levels of coverage: Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Each of these levels is designed to fit the specific needs of buyers.

Here are the main benefits and advantages of buying a BCBSNM Insurance Plan for Individuals and Families:

Gold Plan – The BCBSNM Gold Plan for individuals and families offers essential health coverage through top-quality and extensive care. Gold Plans have a significantly higher monthly premium but usually lower out-of-pocket expenses than the other two. Usually, Gold Plans cover around 80% of health care expenses, while your out-of-pocket expenses cover the remaining 20%.

According to insurance experts, Gold plans are recommended if you, your spouse or your dependent frequently need medical care or wish to expand your family. If you can afford a higher monthly premium in exchange for lower out-of-pocket expenses, then the BCBSNM Gold Plan for individuals and families will be perfect for you.

You can find more details of the BCBSNM Gold Plan for individuals and families at the official website here

Silver Plan – The BCBSNM Silver Plan also offers essential healthcare coverage with a top-notch and extensive care network. However, Silver Plans have a lower monthly premium rate than Gold but higher out-of-pocket expenses, too. Usually, Silver plans cover around 70% of your medical and health care expenses, while you need to pay the remaining 30% as out-of-pocket expenses.

According to experts, the BCBSNM Silver plan is highly recommended to cut down on out-of-pocket healthcare expenses and have a spouse or dependent who frequently needs medical care.

To learn more about the BCBSNM Silver Plan for individuals and families, you can check the official resource here

Bronze Plan – The BCBSNM Bronze Plan is the most affordable healthcare insurance option for individuals and families. It also offers the same essential health coverage as the others through an extensive network of top-quality care providers across the state. However, Bronze Plans tend to have the lowest premium rate but have significantly high out-of-pocket expenses. Normally, Bronze healthcare plans for individuals and families in New Mexico cover around 60% of the medical costs. In comparison, the remaining 40% has to be borne by you as out-of-pocket expenses.

According to health insurance experts, the BCBSNM Bronze Plan for individuals and families is best suited if you are ready to pay higher out-of-pocket costs but don’t need medical care or prescription drugs frequently. This is the best plan to have if you want to keep the monthly premium at the lowest.

Find out more details about the BCBSNM Bronze Plan for individuals and families at the official link here

Blue Cross Blue Shield New Mexico Medicare Plans

The Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico also offers comprehensive Medicare plans. If you don’t know, Medicare is a national health insurance program governed by the federal government. It is separate from the commercial Health Insurance Marketplace and is made of four parts – Part A (Hospital Insurance), Part B (Medical Insurance), Part C (Medicare Advantage), and Part D (Prescription Drug Plan). BCBSNM offers these plans in contract with Medicare to all eligible residents in the state.

Let’s take a quick look at the main benefits of each of the four Medicare insurance plans:

Medicare Part A – It is mainly known as the Medicare Hospital Insurance Plan. It covers the cost of inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing care facilities, and some hospice and home health care services.

Medicare Part B – It is often called the Medicare Medical Insurance Plan. It covers the cost of visits to healthcare professionals and services, including outpatient care and home healthcare services, along with expenses for durable medical equipment and also many preventive healthcare services.

Medicare Part C – It is usually called the Medicare Advantage and is a combination of Plan A and Plan B, but with even more benefits. Besides providing benefits of Part A and Part B, Medicare Advantage may also cover dental, vision and hearing service expenses, etc.

Medicare Part D – It is popularly called the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan and covers extensive coverage for prescription drug expenses.

You can find more details and information on BCBSNM Medicare coverage at the official link here


The Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico (BCBSNM) is the largest provider of individual, family, group and employer health insurance in the state. It offers several different types of health insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, to ensure that New Mexicans have easy access to affordable and good quality healthcare services.

See Also

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska

Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Follow us