Substance abuse treatment NYC helps struggling New Yorkers to get rid of harmful substances and find the right path to recovery.
It has been found that approximately 500,000 residents of New York City are consuming hard drugs like cocaine and heroin, while another one million have an alcohol use disorder.
Consequently, it has increased the death rates. However, with the planned substance abuse treatment, a wide range of needs are being met.
It is being ensured that the treatment plan is holistic, addressing issues of mind, body and spirit.
The comprehensive approach from assessment to counseling and then aftercare is being implemented to take a step towards rehabilitation.
Substance Abuse Treatment NYC – Key Components
There are several drug addiction treatment programs in New York that provide treatment for chemical dependence or chemical abuse.
Chemical dependency is the repeated, uncontrollable use of alcohol or drugs, threatening the individual’s physical and mental health. It can also affect the emotional well-being and the physical safety of those around him or her.
According to the recent scientific evidence:
- Chemical addiction is a chronic exposure to alcohol or drugs that affects the brain in fundamental and long-lasting ways.
- Chemical dependence is a relapsing disease that requires changes in behavior for the individual, where addiction is placed in a category with asthma, heart disease, and other chronic relapsing diseases.
- Addiction treatment reduces the symptoms of the disease.
- The chemically affected individuals comply with their treatment frequently, which requires them to make permanent changes in their behaviors.
- The main goal is giving up chemicals that also bring other documented outcomes, including decreased criminal activity and increased productivity.
Treatment outcome evaluates and demonstrates which treatment techniques are most effective, maintaining and establishing the gains of successful treatment.
The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) compiled several studies that indicated usage of drugs by 40-60% after the treatment.
It also dramatically improved employment possibilities and significantly decreased criminal justice activities.
Steps to Rehab Process
The key components of substance abuse treatment are:
- Assessment – A treatment plan is tailored for an individual. It is based on the type, length and severity of the addiction, including the unique challenges faced by an individual.
- Detox – The goal of this phase is to eliminate the dependence while managing the symptoms of the withdrawal.
- Therapy – The underlying cause of the addiction is uncovered and treated. An individual is provided with the appropriate therapies and tools to get rid of their addiction.
- Aftercare – This phase aims to facilitate the transition into effective programs that help a recovered individual continue the lifelong process of recovery. The aim is to prevent relapses and build on the treatment received.
Substance Abuse Treatment NYC – Finding a Treatment Center
The New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) operates and oversees treatment providers in New York.
It offers a recovery-oriented approach to treating individuals with addiction while supporting their loved ones.
For more information, visit https://oasas.ny.gov/treatment
If the high cost is a barrier, here is the list of the low costs and high-rated rehabs for substance abuse treatment in NYC.
Council on Addiction Recovery Services (CAReS)
Individuals struggling with substance abuse disorder can seek counseling, residential services, and medication-assisted treatment at the Council on Addiction Recovery Services, Inc.
The mission of CAReS is to build a healthy community, embracing the acceptance of recovery by helping individuals affected by chemical and behavioral dependencies.
For more information, visit http://councilonaddiction.org/
Odyssey House provides integrated treatment programs in the form of personalized outpatient and inpatient treatment to meet the needs of every client. The holistic form of treatment addresses physical, psychiatric, spiritual well-being, and family relationships to achieve a healthy recovery.
The programs include a combination of medications and counseling and access to support services like education, housing, and job training. For more information, visit https://odysseyhousenyc.org/nyc-drug-alcohol-rehab/
START Treatment and Recovery Centers provide the highest quality of comprehensive, compassionate, evidence-based social and healthcare services. It is dedicated to transforming the perception of behavioral health disorders and addictions by bringing respect and dignity to their lives. For more information, visit https://www.startny.org/
The Regional Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health
An individual can get mental health, psychiatric, and substance use treatment services at the Regional Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health. To serve the needs of the community, both outpatient and inpatient services are offered.
The mission is to provide a safe, supportive patient and family-centered environment, allowing rapid stabilization of psychiatric symptoms while promoting an integrated transition.
Through comprehensive services and compassionate care, the Regional Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health can meet the expectations, promoting a positive and rewarding environment.
For more information, visit https://www.ecmc.edu/health-services-and-doctors/behavioral-health/
Individuals who consume alcohol or other drugs and experience negative consequences are termed as “substance abusers.”
Some abusers stop abusing by modifying their behavior or using community supports, thereby eliminating the negative consequences.
However, some abusers are unable to effectively modify their behavior characterized by compulsive or uncontrollable craving, which can cause extremely negative consequences.
In such cases, formal treatment interventions are recommended.
Substance abuse treatment NYC combines medical and rehabilitation processes involving several treatment activities addressing the complex and multiple needs of addicted individuals and their families.