Harvard Post Bacc Pre Med – Overview
Harvard post bacc Pre Med program provides a comprehensive pathway for students, helping them prepare for medical or dental school.
The on-campus post-baccalaureate Premedical Program at Harvard Extension School is specifically designed for the students who want to change their fields or need to complete all prerequisite coursework.
It aids people who are interested in getting into medical school by strengthening their academic records.
The rigorous experience also offers an opportunity to earn sponsorship in this selective program.
Harvard Post Bacc Pre Med – Reasons to Choose the Program
Harvard’s post-baccalaureate premedical program helps students to explore and discover creative ideas. The teaching tools of the Harvard post-baccalaureate premedical program are guaranteed to be the most intuitive and complete.
- An interested student gets the chance to complete some or all of the premedical coursework before even applying to medical or dental school with an undergraduate degree.
- An opportunity to study part-time through evening courses on the Harvard campus.
- Get affordable, flexible, yet rigorous coursework that helps in preparing for medical or dental school. It demonstrates competency to admissions committees.
- The program has a strong medical school placement record.
Harvard Post Bacc Pre Med – Benefits
There are various benefits of opting for the on-campus, post-baccalaureate Premedical Program at Harvard Extension School.
- Get the required advice to prepare the application.
- Gain access to a Harvard University ID card, which allows using the Harvard library system and other on-campus resources.
- Get Sponsorship consideration
- Find an opportunity to access federal financial aid.
- Earn membership in the Harvard Alumni Association after completing the program.
- After completing the Premedical Program, you can enjoy discounted access to Harvard Medical School’s online HMX courses.
Harvard Post Bacc Pre Med – Application Process
The applications for admission to the Premedical Program are evaluated. Certain factors are considered that include, however, are not limited to, experiences indicating you make an informed career decision and are capable of working to the academic standards of Harvard.
An applicant must:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Graduating college seniors are not eligible.
- Demonstrate interest in the healthcare field and achievement in past academic pursuits.
- Be in good financial and academic standing with Harvard University. For current or former students, there should be no pending disciplinary or administrative procedures.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. International students are not accepted.
- Prove English proficiency. When the native language is not English, a satisfactory English proficiency test score is required.
When and How to Apply?
An applicant must apply to the Premedical Program a year before applying to medical or dental school. The applications are usually accepted each year between February 1 to May 1 or until the program has reached capacity.
- One can access the online application through the Premedical Program Application Portal. To apply, a nonrefundable $50 application processing fee is charged.
- A prospecting student is required to submit an essay of no more than 500 words explaining the reason for preparing for a career in the medical field.
- The applicant must upload an updated resume, including work experience, research work, and positions with dates.
- Official transcripts from each enrolled college or university are required.
Enrollment in Premedical Program
After getting admitted, registration is required during the upcoming summer or fall term. The failure of registration rescinds the admission where an applicant needs to re-apply to the program the following year.
Continuous enrollment (fall and spring) must be maintained throughout the program. Failure to do so will voluntarily withdraw a candidate from the program.
The program must be completed within two years. After two years, the program participation automatically ends and privileges such as Harvard University ID card access.
Special enrollment considerations are taken when a semester off from the program or extended time to complete the program is required.
The program advisor or director considers various factors. If petitions are granted, firm deadlines are given to complete the program in no more than three years.
It is impossible to get enrolled as a candidate in the Premedical Program and at the Harvard Extension School degree program simultaneously.
Harvard Post Bacc Pre Med – Secure a Composite Letter of Recommendation for Medical School Application
As a premedical candidate at Harvard, there is an opportunity to secure a composite letter of recommendation.
Sponsorship is offered for medical school or dental school applications, highlighting overall academic and personal strengths.
To qualify for the scholarship, here are the few requirements that must be met after being admitted to the Premedical Programs.
- A minimum number of credits must be acquired with a grade of B or higher in medical sciences courses.
- Consult the Premedical Program office at least once every term.
- Notify in writing to the Premedical Program director, describing the intent to apply to medical school, listing the completed courses and the ones to be completed.
- Finish all prerequisites and pay a $500 sponsorship fee.
Harvard Post Bacc Pre Med – Financial Aid
The admitted candidates in the premedical program have various financial aid options that help meet educational expenses.
The student financial services staff helps in determining the eligibility for funds. US citizens are eligible to apply for federal, state, and institutional aid.
Steps in the Financial Aid Process
Follow the steps to apply for the financial aid application and disbursement process.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Receive a financial aid eligibility offer indicating the type of aid and amount
- When borrowing a federal student loan, sign a master promissory note
- When borrowing a federal student loan for the first time, complete the required entrance counseling.
Pursuing a career in medicine is demanding. Though, going back to undergraduate college is overwhelming. Having an established Harvard Post Bacc Pre Med program makes it all less daunting.
Expand your experience and strengthen medical school applications. Good Luck!
Hardship Grants for Single Mothers