Grants for autistic children are given to support the imperative and immediate needs of children impacted with autism.
The various grant programs provide access to effective treatments for autism.
Grants for Autistic Children – Autism Care Today SOS
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) refers to conditions characterized by:
- Ongoing social problems that include difficulty in interacting and communicating
- The narrow range of activities and interests that are unique to the individual and carried out repetitively.
ASDs start in childhood and tend to persist long, even in adolescence and adulthood. Autism is an expensive condition all around. It has been recognized that some individuals diagnosed with autism are in immediate danger or harm. Parents with a disabled child cannot wait up to 12 weeks for a response to their financial requests.
Autism Care Today, SOS is dedicated to an immediate support program. This program was established in 2005 to provide access to vital treatments for autistic children.
Autism Care Today SOS Program – Application Criteria
To avail the various benefits of this program, there is an application criterion that must be fulfilled.
- An autistic child must have an immediate need for treatment. If treatment is not found, the child’s physical safety is in danger.
- Autism Care Today SOS program will fund services and effective treatments to cure autism spectrum disorders. It does not cover living expenses, funds for travel, or clothing.
- The income level of the patient’s family must be below $45,000/year.
- The applicant has not received support from Autism Care Today within the past 12 months.
Autism Care Today SOS Program – Application Process
An application process usually takes four weeks. Here are the details:
- To complete the application process, you need to send an email to [email protected]
In your email, the following information must be included:
- Name, address, and age of the child with autism
- Family income as reported in the recent tax forms
- Estimated cost requested that should not be more than $5,000
- Describe in 200 words why the request is being made. Make sure to explain why your request needs immediate assistance and not delay the next grant cycle.
- Autism Care Today responds to your mail within two weeks. The reply will either request more information, or it will state whether your request will move to the formal application stage or not.
- If your request to receive grants for an autistic child is moved to the formal application stage, you will receive an email with a form that needs to be completed in full and mailed back.
- Once Autism Care Today will receive your application, your request’s final decision will be made within the next two weeks.
In case you do not have access to email, you can call at 1-877-9-ACT-TODAY (1-877-922-8863)
Other Grant Programs for Autistic Children
There are various other grants available for autistic children and families in the United States.
Angel Autism Network
Families residing in Wisconsin can apply for up to $500 per year to support medical treatments for their autistic children.
The family does not receive funds. They are directly transferred to the medical provider.
Grants are given every quarter. They are issued in March, June, September, and December.
To request a grant from Angel Autism Network, you will need to provide the following information on our electronic form (http://www.angelautismnetwork.org/grant-instructions/):
- Age of child(Above two and below 18)
- A child must be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Services you want to receive
- Mention service provider with details of address
- How you came to know about the grant program
- Photo of the child
- You are entitled to submit one application per quarter
- Grants will be taken into consideration only if the application is complete
- Grantees must have a combined of 12 volunteer hours per year
- Grant applicants must be a current active member at the time of grant application
United Healthcare Children’s Foundation(UHCCF) Grants
The United Healthcare Children’s Foundation is a non-profit charity that provides financial assistance to medical-related services. It is dedicated to enhancing the clinical condition and the quality of life suffering from autism spectrum disorder.
The support is given in the form of grants up to $5,000. You need to fulfill the necessary criteria to submit your application process.
The form is available online at https://www.uhccf.org/apply-for-a-grant/apply-now/.
One in 300 children has an autism spectrum disorder. Efforts are focused on contributing to enhancing the commitment of the government to autism. Grants are provided to promote the optimal health and well-being of all children with autism.